Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Last Day in Paris Friday 3rd June

So today was our last day in Paris, and mum wanted to go to the Sacre Coeur (it's a church). It was very beautiful and there were nuns singing and having an actual service.



At the bottom of the hill where the church was there was a 2 story merry-go-ground. It was cool to see because I have never seen a 2 story one before.



Also at the bottom of the church next to the steps was a guy dressed up in white paint being a saint (this is a guess), and because I love having my photo taken with people like that I chucked some money into his bucket and stood next to him on the stairs while he was on the bottom of the banister, then instead of me standing near him he pulls me up onto the ledge of the banister where he was and we got a photo together, not what I expected but cool none the less.



Paris you have been amazing to us with your mostly nice weather and your nice English speaking people.
Tomorrow we catch a plane to Germany where I hope none of us get poisoned!
Elissa
xoxx

Yesterday Barry and I went to visit the Palace of Versailles. It is an amazing palace and gardens. You can understand why the French citizens were upset at the lavishness of the court while they had very little, hence the revolution! The ceilings in the palace are covered with beautiful paintings. The gardens are exquisite with statues and beautiful fountains.




Today as well as exploring Sacre Coeur, Barry and I had a walk through the Montmartre Cemetery which is right next door to the hotel. For all those with musical knowledge we found the resting places of Hector Berlioz, Adolphe Sax and Jacques Offenbach (the composer of the Can Can music). Off to Germany tomorrow where we promise not to get sick!!! Must watch those vegetables. It is very big news over here.



Rhonda and Barry

3 comments:

  1. You and the saint dude are wearing matching shirts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That merry-go-round is amazing! I want to ride it with you Elissa!

    ReplyDelete