Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cambridge to York Monday 16th May

Today we set off to York, but had many pitstops on the way. After breakfast we had a look around in Cambridge, the weather was bad there but they had this weird food stuff and I tried this pink yoghurt/musli thing.



Then we went to Nottingham so mum could look at some big tree, but it was fun walking around in the woods. I would have hugged the tree but there was a barrier and there were all these poles holding it up, so dad and I had to opt for a photo near the tree.




they also had a couple of vintage shops around, mum and I had a little look around and I got some cute things, who can turn down a £1 hello kitty necklace? And now we have arrived in York, going to find some nice place for dinner and chill till tomorrow.
Elissa xoxx

After having a look at Cambridge this morning we made our way through the midlands towards York via Nottingham. The motorways here are very quick but it was nice to get off the main roads and drive on the roads between the towns and villages. The English countryside is as you imagine - green fields, lots of black faced sheep, flat with little villages of two storey brick houses lining the streets. I like the country laneways that people take to get from more main roads across to little villages through farmers fields. Couldn't come this way without stopping to look at Nottingham and Sherwood Forest! The forest is only small now but could still imagine Robin Hood (in tights) riding through the forest. Arrived in York later today and had a quick look around. It is a very pretty city but we will explore more tomorrow before driving to Edinburgh. We have named our GPS 'Mary'. This because she is 'practically perfect in every way' in helping us find our way around!

Cambridge

The Major Oak in Sherwood Forest
Rhonda

Well, all hail the GPS. I am sure we would still be trying to find our way out of the car hire place in London. I still need my co-pilot(Rhonda) and we don't get lost (mostly).
I found a great sign here in York, will take a photo tomorrow. It said,'no bad clarinet players allowed' real funny to the music type.
As we get further north the more I can not understand what they are saying. How am I going to be in countries where they don't speak English. Boy am I in trouble.
I will write soon,
Barry

1 comment: